Saturday: Convention
Our first day at the convention was incredibly hot. There was no seats left in the stand so we were sat right on the track but at least it afforded us a good view of the baptism! In the picture the 2 stages on the left are the English and Czech stages facing opposite corners of the stadium. The stage in the distance, just under the blue umbrella, is the Russian stage. During the baptism everybody clapped non-stop, sometimes breaking into a united rhythm ... I thought the Americans were going to start chanting at one point! The Brits were well-represented in the program with Jack Dowson saying the opening prayer, Sidney Smith and Bill Bull giving talks and Luke Farmer and his Dad doing a demonstration. I took loads of video which I'll put on my Bebo page when I get back.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home